The Architects’ Collective (Non-Profit Company) was started in 2007 by a group of South African architects passionate about architecture, in order to raise the profile of architecture, urbanism, planning and the built environment, and to excite public debate and discourse with architects and built environment professionals.
The founders' vision was focused on the need to support and actively participate in the process of transformation in South Africa. The Collective believes this process is now complete and considers its work to be done. Please refer to the South African Institute of Architects website for current information relating to Architecture and the Architectural Profession in South Africa.
The Collective sought to promote the Culture of Architecture in Africa through dialogue, film, television, video, photography, festivals, exhibitions, events, workshops, talks, lectures and screenings. The Architect's Collective was a projects driven organisation. Some of our projects were;
- South African City Futures
- The Architect Africa Film Festival and Screenings (2007-2018)
- The Architects Academy : The home of the Collective in Johannesburg.
- The Informal City Trilogy : Exhibition, Seminar & Publication.
- Tripod Architecture Students Photography Competition
- The City Futures Project Management (2013-2014)
- The AAFF 2014 Short Film Competition
- The AAFF 2014 Mobile Cinema Project